Guidelines for grant making
Click Here to download these guidelines as a PDF Document
The Manchester Guardian Society Charitable Trust is a grant making charity based in Manchester, which makes donations to a wide variety of community based organisations in the Greater Manchester area. Most grants awarded are up to £2,000.
Appeals will be considered from registered charities and other community organisations, which provide charitable benefits for communities within Greater Manchester.
The trustees are particularly interested in assisting the following:-
- Organisations for young people e.g. scouts, guides, youth organisations.
- Organisations which support sick and disabled people.
- Groups providing for the elderly and disadvantaged members of society.
- Educational initiatives by arts organisations, particularly children and young people;
- Community associations.
The trustees do not normally support:-
- Substitution of statutory funding;
- Political groups for political purposes;
- Religious groups for religious purposes.
- Salary costs.
- Recurrent costs.
- Other funding/grant giving bodies.
- Core funding for public sector services.
- The purchase of computer and associated equipment.
Applications are welcome from registered charities or small groups which demonstrate charitable aims.
Applications must be made by post on the Manchester Guardian Society application form. Please read the application form carefully and complete fully. Failure to do so will void the application.
Thirteen copies in total should be supplied.
Only one application will be accepted from an organisation within a two year period.
3144total visits,1visits today